Skip to content

Troubleshooting

2 results found

1. Display the max upload filesize on the viewshare website prior to subscribing, not after

C'mon guys, really? ..."data with less than 1,000 records, e.g. spreadsheets with less than 1,000 rows"
    Can I load multiple spreadsheets (each with 1,000 records) to a same project?
    Can I stitch them to Supplementary info (related database, ie, multiple authors)?
    What would be the max individual filesize and total filesize for a viewshare project?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The issue here is less the size of the file you upload than the process to translate it into the data format that viewshare uses to render and display information. In that vein, it’s not an issue of file size but an issue of how the data actually lays out in a view. Because viewshare basically transforms your entire dataset into a single blob of data that is passed over the web to each user when they load a view the system degrades based on limitations in what different browsers can do in working with that data. So, instead of inserting an artificial choke point by setting a max file size (which would keep some users from being able to upload data sets that would work) the system let’s you try to upload it to see if it would work.

2. Editing data

I'm wondering how to edit my data in ViewShare. Is that possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?