The best way to start working with Viewshare is to read three short tutorials that walk you through the Viewshare workflow:
- Learn how to import collection data
- Learn how to generate views from collection data
- Learn how to embed and share collection data
Beyond these three guides, the Viewshare user guide provides more comprehensive information about each individual feature.
User Stories demonstrate the ways specific institutions have utilized Viewshare's features
to enhance and promote their cultural heritage collections.
If you run into trouble, or can't figure something out, post a question in the troubleshooting section of the Feedback forums.
Don't have any data to get started? Don't worry, you can use some of ours! First, download any of the following sample files:
- An Excel spreadsheet of digitized postcards from Fairfax County, Virginia
- An XML mods file of California Elections in 2004
- A small database snapshot of the University of Louisville, Jean Thomas, The Traipsin' Woman Collection
You can track data files and Collections as they are uploaded; just subscribe to the appropriate news feed!
- Track the latest Collections added to the system
- Track the latest data files added to the system
- The most recent Collections created by a particular user can be tracked by:
- Similarly, the latest data files uploaded by a particular user can be tracked by subscribing to the following news feed pattern: