Skip to content

Troubleshooting

3 results found

1. BETA: Notices shouldn't include your actions by default

If you send an invite to someone, it will cause the “Notices” menu to display the unread message counter. I would recommend the default policy be that notices which are created in response to your actions be excluded from that by default either by marking them as read by default or changing https://github.com/LibraryOfCongress/viewshare/blob/04f4f0c8294bff0ae62ec1baeca3555334e074d5/viewshare/apps/vendor/notification/context_processors.py#L7 to exclude notices where the sender is the current user (i.e. Notice.objects.exclude(sender=request.user)…)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can you plot a polyline in Viewshare? You can in Exhibit and in google maps

A polyline, for example tracing the route of a parade, or even the outline of a building that no longer exists, can tell you a lot about a historic place/ event.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewhshare currently does not have any capability for doing things other than points on a map. With that said, it would be a neat feature. Do you have any ideas for how you would format the data in a spreadsheet or a set of records? That is, what kind of data would you work from to make this happen. Please consider posting your ideas here. If we can work out the data and UI questions we could see about getting this on the road map.

3. Trouble with MODS from Zotero Import

Hi,

I'm trying to import a MODS xml file created by Zotero Standalone for Mac 3.07 (it won't allow me to copy the About screen, sorry). I'm on a Mac running Lion OSX 10.7.4. The import mostly works, but it doesn't see certain data that's there, notably the place of publication and the date. The file didn't validate at validome.org, but it only threw four errors (example below), and I don't think those errors are the ones causing the ViewShare import to fail, especially since the markup in the attached file looks like it matches the MODS schema outlined at …

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Troubleshooting